Wellington Home Show: A weekend filled with positive solutions
We had an outstanding response at The Wellington Better Living Home and Garden Show! Held on Friday 10th April – Sunday 12th April.
Our stand certainly stood out! From the glow of the LED bulb demonstrations and the fluorescent shirts of the sales team. This attracted the attention of most who walked past. The area often bustling with people intrigued to find out more about LED lighting.
The cold bite of winter will soon be here. Keeping warm and power bills were the popular talking points.
Other points of concern from the customers we spoke with were:
• Wasteful energy consumption in New Zealand
• Fire risk associated with conventional bulbs. The need to replace bulbs that keep blowing out
• Reducing power bills over winter.
We were able to offer solutions to these issues by:
• Demonstrating how they could enjoy equal or better lighting using much less energy.
• Showing how the operating temperature of LED bulbs is far lower than the alternatives.
• Explaining how retrofitting LED downlights means more insulation. Reducing the energy required in heating the home by a significant amount.
Some great discounts were available for the Home show!
The most popular discount was the $24.95 incandescent bulbs. Customers were most impressed with the power savings. Their bulb would pay for itself in the first year.
30% off voucher if a person signed up for a free in-home lighting assessment. This also meant they were eligible to go into the draw for $2000 worth of LED lighting.
It was positive weekend which included excellent interaction with existing, new and potential customers. We're looking forward to the next Home Show after winter, and hope to see you there!